Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ahh, so busy!  I've been off kilter these last few months.  Today more than others.  I'm so hyper and oddly happy.

Well, mostly happy.  Every silver lining has a cloud!

Speech and Debate, great class I'm taking through VHSG.  An equally great online group for homeschooled kids.  There are a lot of classes that make life easier for homeschooling parents. ;P  My mom doesn't know Japanese, but my sister loves the language.  She can learn it through VHSG thanks to Sazuki Sensei.

I'm falling a bit off of my track.

I've got two wonderful teachers and a great class for Speech and Debate.  My only problem is writing speeches.  Why couldn't I be skilled in writing?  Haha, I'm getting better!  I did find out that I have a gift of completing impromptu speeches.  No preparation and little time to think is when I'm at my best.  Just jumping off of the figurative diving board and making sure I'm in perfect position for a beautiful dive, is my way of learning and having fun.

I've got a nice speech outline due on Apologetics in Faith this Thursday.  It's pretty good.  I'm afraid it won't be the greatest, but I am trying my hardest.  I will master speech writing and delivering by the end of this semester!

More things happening in my life.  GYC meeting was two weeks ago.  It was fun!  I got to speak my thoughts on texting and driving (scary!), something Teens in the Driver Seat are working on.  Check that out here: http://www.t-driver.com/

We're going vacationing to Padre Island soon!  Yes, we studied a bit in the summer so we could have this week off.  We always go vacationing while everyone else is in school.  Homeschooling has some major perks.  Ahh, I can't wait!  It will be the first beach I've seen in Texas.  That's pretty bad, I've lived here all my life (most of it anyway) and I've never been to any of it's beaches!

Speaking of beaches, Tybee Island in Georgia was beautiful.  (This happened a while back, but I haven't updated my blog.)  The reason I went to Georgia was even more beautiful.  I spent one week building, fixing, and landscaping a house!  With 270 of us we fixed 49 houses in the low income area of Savannah Georgia.  It was amazing!
I got to lay concrete for the first time in my life, it was very hard work, but very fun in all.  I got a lot closer with my church youth group.  They're all awesome.

Today I made a pretty origami star out of dollar bills.  Great birthday gift.  I'll post a picture of it and other origami projects of mine in a few days.

The Traveling Student,
Izzy Ricochet

No comments: